Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Simple and Easy DIY Jewelry Hanger

As my jewelry obsession grows, my storage needs grow as well. I was putting hooks directly in the wall, but everytime I put another hook in the wall, I felt a little more guilty for putting another hole in the wall. So I came up with this project in my never ending attempt to re-purpose all our fence panels. 


I started with a piece of old fence paneling. I sanded it, painted it and then sanding off a little of the paint to make it look "rustic". 


I marked 2 rows for hooks, spaced every 2 inches, and staggered from one row to the next. I drilled pilot holes with a 1/16" drill bit to make it easier to get the hooks in. 


Then screw in all the hooks! I used vice grips to save my fingers from the screws. I added eye hooks on the top for hanging (not pictured).


After haning all my jewelry I realized that I should have made it bigger because I am out of hooks. 



1 comment: