Monday, October 22, 2012

I have been crafting quite a bit lately, making a lot of Halloween costumes so I'm holding off on posting those until they are all done. Until then I'll start off with a post about my amateur photography bug!

I think that anyone with creativity and a good camera can evoke their inner "photographer". Having kids seems to have sparked the photography bug in me.

Emily in particular is a photographers dream, she's a ham, she loves to pose, she's always got a smile for the camera, she makes it so easy!

This picture is my favorite of all pictures I have ever taken (so far), and it is where it all started:
I remember snapping shot after shot, trying to get the perfect picture. The field of wildflowers, Emily all dolled up, the sunshine... everything was perfect. I had the perfect shot in my head and I could not get it. It must have taken 50 shots, but I finally got it, and when I took the picture I knew that I had it. I got several other lovely shots that day but this one, stands out as my favorite. I have it framed, in black and white, on my wall.

That camera was a glorified point and shoot camera, but it did take some good pictures. Here are some more shots I got with that camera:






I spent the better part of a day looking through pictures to find those... man we have a lot of pictures! 

A few years ago Eric got a fancy DSLR camera. After watching him play with it I decided to give it a try. I've since started doing portraits of the kids on my own, instead of taking them to studios or paying the outrageous prices for crappy school pictures. Here are some the pictures I got last fall:









 And some of the photos from Owens 1st Birthday:

 And Emily hamming it up for the camera, go figure!:

I like to think I have a decent eye for photographs. I'm hoping to get my own camera soon since Eric doesn't want to share, and I'm hoping to learn more about photography. Unfortunately the weather is changing fast so I'm not sure how much photography I'll be doing over the winter months. I am hoping to get one last photo shoot of the kids in this year so I have pictures for Chistmas cards, here's hoping!

Stay tuned for Hairbows, Flintstones and Yoshi.... are you as excited as I am!?





No comments:

Post a Comment