Saturday, July 18, 2015

Pallet Wood Canvas

Here is the tutorial for making a wood canvas for whatever wood art you want. I use fence panels that have been "weathered" in my back yard for years. But you could easily use pallets for this as well. 




Decide on your dimensions and cut your pieces accordingly. I always cut two supports just and little bit narrower than the width of the canvas.


Wood Glue doesn't offer much support when it's wet, but I felt it would help keep it together once it dried. 

  

I measured depth of the board and doubled it and found nails that were just a hair shorter in length.  When hammered through the back it won't come through the front. No visible hardware. 


 I hammer in 4 nails for each board, and each overlap. That is a lot of nails, but it holds!


That's it! Sand it until the texture is to your liking, then be creative! 


Use eye hooks or drill holes and use twine to hang. Beautiful!



No comments:

Post a Comment