Saturday, July 18, 2015

Wood Art

DIY Wood Art

With all of the Pallet projects floating around the internet I got inspired to do my own pallet art. We recently cut our 6ft privacy fence down to a 3ft fence along the back of our property line, because the corn field behind us isn't very nosey. I started crafting with the boards. Armed with a miter saw and a sander, I have been keeping very busy. I've made so much rustic wood art that I don't know what to do with it. Here are some of my creations.


This is our night time saying. I saw this once at a craft fair for $40, I loved it, but I was too cheap to buy it, but I did start saying it to the kids at bed time. 8 years later, I made my own sign $0, bam!

  
Teachers name plats - 2 easy 45 degree cuts and some paint


Smitten with the Mitten! Here are super easy tutorials on how to make the pallet "canvas" and transfer designs onto wood.


Rustic Americana Hanging


The letters didn't come out right, but I love the tree!


Love Birds 


Dandelion, it needs a whimsical saying in the empty spot, suggestions?


Welcome Sign, I need to hang this one!


I was practicing on this piece but I ended up loving the ragged wood


 Everyone loves this saying, I've made several.


I saw this in a shop, ran home and made it myself!


There you have it. I hope this offered some ideas and inspiration. Be sure to check out my post on wood art tutorials here and here

No comments:

Post a Comment